A successful candidate for the role of Senior Project Manager will be tasked with managing multiple geotechnical and geohazard projects. Project managers have 4 primary focuses: safety, quality, production, and budget. Our projects are often not typical, so you will gain expertise with a wide variety of designs and construction.
We are hiring the next leader and everything we do is about setting you up to be personally and professionally successful. Often PM’s become Regional Engineers or Profession Development Engineers (Business Development).
We share our success with a meaningful profit sharing plan plus Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short- and Long-Term Disability, a matching 401K, as well as the opportunity to be an owner with our Employee Equity Program.
• Complete project oversight from initial phases of implementation to close out
• Overall responsibility for project safety, quality, and production and always in that order
• Full scheduling, planning and project margin oversight
• Anticipate and remove roadblocks that would prevent project from being completed in the safest and timeliest manner possible while always producing a world class product
• Maintain positive and professional relationships with internal and external customers
• Civil Engineering or Construction Management degree strongly preferred.
• PE. preferred but not required
• 8-12+ years of field construction management experience. Geotechnical experience is a strong plus
• Managing full life cycle of a project required
The key skills must include excellent communication skills, organizational skills, and detail-orientated work habits. The PM will communicate with Supervisors, Operators, Laborers, Engineers, and external clients and owners as well as their team of engineers, inspectors, and managers.
Experience with budgets and forecasting/projections is preferred. Full commitment to the success of the project is required. A successful candidate needs to be personable.
Time in the field will generally vary between 35 and 50% with time at your home office varying between 50% and 65%. Some travel will be required. Projects will generally be in PA, OH, KY, WV, VA, NY, NJ, CT.
GeoBuild is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.